Characteristics of sodium dichloroisocyanurate
(1) Strong sterilization and disinfection ability. The effective chlorine content of pure DCCNa is 64.5%, and the effective chlorine content of high-quality DCCNa is more than 60%, which has strong disinfection and sterilization effect. When 20ppm, the sterilization rate reaches 99%. It has strong killing effect on all kinds of bacteria, algae, fungi and germs.
(2) Its toxicity is very low, the median lethal dose (LD50) is as high as 1.67g/kg (0.72-0.78 g/kg for TRICHloroisocyanuric acid). DCCNa has been approved to be used in the disinfection of food and drinking water.
(3) Wide range of application, the product can not only be used for food and beverage processing industry and drinking water disinfection, cleaning and disinfection of public places, in industrial recycling water treatment, civil household sanitation disinfection, aquaculture disinfection and other aspects are also widely used.
(4) The effective chlorine utilization rate is high, and the solubility of DCCNa in water is very high. 30g DCCNa can be dissolved in every 100mL water at 25℃. Even in an aqueous solution with water temperature as low as 4°C, DCCNa can rapidly release all the effective chlorine contained in it, making full use of its disinfecting effect. Other solid chlorine-containing products (except chloro-isocyanuric acid) have much lower chlorine values than DCCNa due to low solubility or slow release of the chlorine contained in them.
(5) Good stability. Due to the high stability of triazine ring in chlorinated isocyanuric acid products, DCCNa is very stable. It was determined that the loss of effective chlorine of dried DCCNa stored in the warehouse was less than 1% after one year.
(6) The product is solid and can be made into white powder or granule, which is convenient for packaging and transportation, and also convenient for users to choose and use.